Survival Van – Amazing Solar Power Set up!
Mat and Danielle decided to sell their house, equip their a camper van, and explore a new life. Their fantastic story is chronicled on their blog and on Youtube. Take a look at their amazing “Survival Van.” This solar-equipped camper van is put together to charge and run household machines. Congrats to these two for making their dream happen and demonstrating that projects, like the solar power in the van, are achievable. Here’s a run down of their solar setup:
- 3 x Renogy 100 Watt, 12 Volt, Monocrystalline Solar Panels, $689.97 total
- 1 x Renogy 40 Amp MPPT Charge Controller, $209.99
- 1 x Renogy 500W Off-Grid Pure-Sine Wave Battery Inverter, $149.99
- 1 x Renogy MT-5 Tracer Meter for MPPT Charge Controller, $39.99
- 1 x Renogy Solar Panel MC4 Assembly Tool, $5.99
- 2 x Renogy Solar MC4 Branch Connectors MMF+FFM Pair, $25.98 total
- 1 x Renogy 8Ft 12AWG Wire Copper Solar Power Tray Cables, $15.99
- 1 x Renogy 5Ft 4AWG Solar Inverter Battery Connection Cable, $35.99
- 2 x Renogy 10Ft 12AWG Extension Solar Cable w/ MC4 Female & Male Connectors, $29.98
- 1 x VMAX 155 AGM 12V 155ah Deep Cycle Battery for Solar, $309.97
- 3 x Xscorpion mini ANL inline fuse holders, $29.97
- 2 x mini ANL 40 amp fuses, $4.99
- 1 x mini ANL 20 amp fuse, $4.99
- TOTAL COST: $1,553.79 USD
I want one and this story proves it can be done!
Trending Now on Survival Nation
Sorry. No data so far.