Water Test Strips
Being able to test water is important. Being able to boil water only kills bacteria, it does nothing for chemical impurities. This means you need to be able to test for them.
The test strips I am using in the video test for 9 indicators of impure water. I can detect bacteria as well as other imputirties.
It is simple to use, simply dip in the water, pull out and wait 30 seconds before comparing the strips to the chart.
One thing I really like about these strips is that the manufacturer thought far enough in advance to package the strips in sealed containers and added several such sealed bags in the bottle. This means the unopened strips will last longer.
This is a great product, and I am pleased that healthy wise chose to let me review it for them.
Throughout the world, unsafe water is the source of health problems and high mortality rates. In the United States, we assume that our water is safe for ourselves, our family, our pets, plants and more. However, the following statistics may surprise you. In the U.S.:
- Over 2/3 of the estuaries and bays are badly degraded from nitrogen and phosphorous pollution.
- 45% of our streams, 47% of our lakes, and 32% of our bays are polluted.
- 45% of our rivers are too polluted for fishing, swimming or marine life.
- We use over 2.2 billion lbs of pesticides annually that in time wash into our rivers and lakes.
- Over 73 different pesticides have been found in the groundwater that eventually ends up in our drinking water.
- Failing septic systems throughout the country cause untreated waste to flow into streams, rivers, and lakes.
- Over 1.2 trillion gallons of sewage, groundwater, and industrial waste are released into our waters annually.
Read more at Dave’s Homestead.
Leave a Comment!
Trending on Survival Nation
Sorry. No data so far.